5.09.2007

Video of 'You Belong to Me' Performed at the 5th-of-May Gig




Song:
You Belong to Me (audio extracted from camcorder)

Log:
Here we are, P o r c u p i n e, risen from the ashes. This song was one of the songs I recorded for my first demo in 1995. The lyrics were inspired by a friend of mine, Jelmer van der Leij, who asked me if I couldn't write a songtext with the lyrics 'As the flowers bleed in heaven'. Well, I could.
The song, though most often performed alone and acoustic, suited the band real fine. The last time we played it was some ten years ago, but it surfaced immediately when we got together again. Rocks.

Lyrics: As the flowers bleed in heaven / You belong to me / As the hours fail to severe / You belong to me / Up in the sky / She looks at me / I whisper Love / For you and me / She aks me Why / We cannot flee / And I sing: You belong to me

1 comment:

erik said...

Dat klinkt echt fantastisch. 'k Mis alleen een toetsenist... ;-) Wat een heerlijk gitaarloopje in A Farmer's Son... ook fijne drummer met langzame breaks en tada tada bassie. Go Mr Grindbak!

About Me

Christian, husband, theologian, singer-songwriter. I don't like dogs. I do love cats, especially my own cat, Nino (although the cat regards itself more as being my wife's cat..).