5.07.2007

Melodic Mystery: 'Travelling through the Night with My Lungs Full of Cosmos'



Song:
Travelling through the Night with My Lungs Full of Cosmos

Log: I was restless. Instead of sitting in a chair and biting my nails (a very non-productive way of coping) I wrote a song about travelling through the night with your lungs full of cosmos. Somehow, it was like having a bowel movement, or like giving birth. It all came very naturally. I like the song, I think I even love it. I like the melody and the atmosphere. It doesn't sound quite as what I had in mind or as it sounded when playing and singing on the couch. But I still love it.

Lyrics: Yearning for your silence / Leave the hairy violent home / On the road I'm dead, I / Bite my nails and head for Rome / I still hear the ringing / Telephones are singing songs / Night is bringing thrills and / Summer fragrance fills my lungs / I am still so weary / Feel alone and very old / Hear the television / Whispering magician's gold / Outer space or sea, it's / All the same to me today / Wake me with a kiss so / I can win the quiz and pay

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Het begin/eerste geluid van dit nummer is echt geniaal!!!!!!!!!!!

Dat je dat geluid wat je met je handen maakt erin hebt is ook echt gaaf man!

About Me

Christian, husband, theologian, singer-songwriter. I don't like dogs. I do love cats, especially my own cat, Nino (although the cat regards itself more as being my wife's cat..).