5.19.2007

Toy Instruments Out of Pandora's Box: 'P-Box Ditty'



Song:
P-Box Ditty

Session Date: Saturday May 19th 2007

Recording Gear: Tascam 488 MKII used as a mixer, PC using Audacity, Behringer C-1 condensator mic, semi SM-58 mic

Music Gear: Kawasaki toy keyboard, toy trumpet, Takamine acoustic guitar

Log:
This is typically a song born out of despair. I bought a one euro Kawasaki toy keyboard which turned out to be hardly functional. The keys were so stubborn that for getting the bass and higher keys together I had to record two tracks. I played a passionate piece on a little toy trumpet and threw a bunch of reverb and delay over it. Played a rythmic acoustic guitar bit which serves as a bass as well. Wrote some lyrics, recorded two vocal tracks.. There you go.

Lyrics:
Will you raise up in the sky a new breed of clouds to follow me / Will the end come to the world and wake up dead parts of me / Coming to swallow me, coming to make me see, coming to open up Pandora's box / Coming to chase the sea - there's the moon! / I feel dead but I must live cause I'm alive ain't I / He has touched me and I cried cause I was all hurt by / Stinking fish I kept as pets behind the cellar-door / But they krept under my bed and made a lot of noise

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wát een gaaf nummer Meite!

Is het een geluid van een huilende baby? (op het einde word het nog heftiger, erg mooi) Ik vind het echt geweldig! Wel zou ik zelf er na een tijdje een keihard ruig drumstel doorheen laten banjeren(met wat effecten), en daarna overgaan op strijkers (cello en violen). Maar dit is ook echt helemaal te gek!!!!!

Marten said...

iK HEB GEEN DRUMSTEL. iK HEB NU WEL EEN PROGRAMMAATJE WAARMEE IK OP M'N PC-KEYBOARD MIDI KAN SPELEN. dE GELUIDSKAART (EN wINDOWS) HEBBEN EEN HELE VERZAMELING GELUIDEN, WAARONDER STRIJKERS. iK DENK DAT IK DAT NOG WELEENS GA GEBRUIKEN.

nEE, HET IS GEEN HUILENDE BABY: HET IS EEN SPEELGOEDTROMPETJE.

About Me

Christian, husband, theologian, singer-songwriter. I don't like dogs. I do love cats, especially my own cat, Nino (although the cat regards itself more as being my wife's cat..).