5.23.2007

It Began with Alternatively Tuning a Rattling Guitar: 'Between Death and TV'



Song:
Between Death and TV

Session Date: Wednesday May the 23th 2007

Recording Gear: Tascam 488 MKII used as a mixer, PC using Audacity, Behringer C-1 condensator mic, semi SM-58 mic

Music Gear: Old ragged acoustic guitar, Squier bass

Log: Oh boy, does that guitar rattle. Anyway, lo-fi is lo-fi, and the question is: are you willing to go all the way with me? Did some percussion with my bare hands on this one. Guitar was in alternative tuning.

Lyrics: Well, I think that I am wrong /As I tell every hurt to get lost, oh! / And all options have been thoroughly discussed / I didn't come here just to watch TV and die / And release some kinds of tension in between / Neither is this a commercial enterprise / Well, I think(/know) that I am wrong.. / Couldn't we get a new morning?

No comments:

About Me

Christian, husband, theologian, singer-songwriter. I don't like dogs. I do love cats, especially my own cat, Nino (although the cat regards itself more as being my wife's cat..).