11.11.2006

Semi 8-bit blues: 'Obviating Obstacles'



Song:
Obviating Obstacles

Session Date: Saturday 11th of November

Recording Gear: Tascam 488 MKII; Behringer C-1 condensator mic

Music Gear: Yairi Spanish guitar with steel strings

Log: This song was built up as an 8-bit computer-tune. I started out with a 'bass'-line, and added some other voices. Then I wrote some lyrics and did the vocals, adding a second vocal that gets punched in at the choruses.

Lyrics: Immunize myself for my ill-judged choices / Lose my better half in a choir of voices / I seek completion but find nothing at all / Find a way to die, try to live a lie / I can't imagine that I'll wake up and fall / O, what a lonely place: the Purity Fair / I tried to make it but the cops cut my hair / Will I be blended into majestic grey / I just want a screen that says: 'simply OK' / I want to be in and I want to be out / I'm tired of being and I'm tired of these doubts

No comments:

About Me

Christian, husband, theologian, singer-songwriter. I don't like dogs. I do love cats, especially my own cat, Nino (although the cat regards itself more as being my wife's cat..).