7.03.2007

Dreamy Alt Country: 'Closing Up the Hatred Chapters'



Song:
Closing Up the Hatred Chapters

Session Date: Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Recording Gear: Tascam 488 MKII used as a mixer, PC using Audacity, Behringer C-1 condensator mic for instruments, semi SM-58 mic for vocals

Music Gear: Takamine acoustic guitar, eggs, shaker, Squier bass

Log: I wrote this song the day before yesterday, at least the chords and the melody, in about five minutes. Today I decided to record it. Invented the lyrics on the roll as I usually do.
Mixing the song took quite some time. I used a classic decay effect over the vocals, amongst others.

Lyrics: If you take me to the perfect storm / Where hearts are warm / And we get harmed.. / Don't believe that it comes today! / When it comes it will rain and rain / If you draw me to those poison eyes / I'd rather die / Than to hear him speak / But you gave me the words of truth / When you come, you renew my youth / The starlight shines again / The parlour is my friend / And I will close up all these chapters again

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was the favorite I mentioned.

About Me

Christian, husband, theologian, singer-songwriter. I don't like dogs. I do love cats, especially my own cat, Nino (although the cat regards itself more as being my wife's cat..).