7.08.2007

Quick and Drowning in Cult: 'Snapfastener Pre-Breakfast Kick'



Song:
Snapfastener Pre-Breakfast Kick

Session Date: July 7-8, 2007

Recording Gear: Tascam 4588 MKII used as a mixer, PC with Audacity, Behringer C-1 condensator mic for guitar, cheap dynamic mic for vocals

Music Gear: Ibanez electric guitar, Vox AD15VT amp, Squier bass, conga's with paint-brushes

Log: The title is admittedly slightly Pollardish.
Played a guitar with the Vox's tremolo; played them old conga's with one euro paint-brushes bought at Xenos (flung quite a bit of delay over that track). That was yesterday. Wrote the lyrics this morning and recorded the vocals in the afternoon: 2 times the same part plus a higher voice. Used some reverb and delay over the first two vocal tracks. Mastering: Compression, hard limiter... You know how it goes.

Lyrics: Straightforward and shy at the same time / I die in the midst of a telephonic poll / Hey sandgirl, Stop lookin' at me! / I'm just a stand-in for the better part of me / Stop cookin', We're all gonna die / I'd like to order an airballoon - oh my!

No comments:

About Me

Christian, husband, theologian, singer-songwriter. I don't like dogs. I do love cats, especially my own cat, Nino (although the cat regards itself more as being my wife's cat..).