7.06.2007

Plain, Simple and Possibly Beautiful: 'Diarrhoea'



Song: Diarrhoea

Session Date: Friday July 6, 2007

Recording Gear: Tascam 488 MKII used as mixer, PC using Audacity, Behringer C1 condensator mic for guitar, cheap brandless dynamic mic for vocals

Music Gear: Old Yairi guitar in alternative tuning, Vox AD15VT amp

Log: Alternatively tuned my old Spanish guitar and plugged it into the Vox. Put the Behringer C-1 in front of it. Used the amps' tremolo. Strummed around.
Grabbed an old cheap mic that my wife once bought for singing in a band called 'Fudge' (long, long ago). Invented some lyrics, sang, didn't bother 'bout perfecting it so sticked with the first track. Put some classical delay over the vocals as well as some reverb. Duplicated the vocal track and ran a high pass filter over the dub.
Mastered the whole thing. There you are. Plain and simple.

Lyrics: You found me high and dabbling in plastic truths / Got no reply / You let me go lo[o]se / Stepped into the world with a broken radio / Lookin' for a girl that would speak and make me slow / There was anguish / I was sandwiched / Between hope and bitter curse I pronounced / Over myself and over her / So we drowned / I didn't get it / I didn't know how love would feel / Thought it was just diarrhoea / It never made me kneel / There was sorrow / No tomorrow / But you have led us along paths unknown / Taking out this heart of stone

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

About Me

Christian, husband, theologian, singer-songwriter. I don't like dogs. I do love cats, especially my own cat, Nino (although the cat regards itself more as being my wife's cat..).