10.21.2006

Musical Fart: 'Can't Sleep So Tired'



Song: Can't Sleep So Tired

Session Date:
October the 20th 2006


Recording Gear:
Tascam 488 MKII used as a mixer; Behringer C1 condensator mic; pc - Audacity


Music Gear:
Yairi Spanish guitar; pc keyboard drum program


Log:
This is not a song, but more like a musical fart. I've always shrunk back from recording large experimenting sessions. The idea of just letting the tape run and play and sing whatever comes to mind is of course to catch ideas or perhaps even find ready made diamonds among the junk. But I'm afraid I'm too much of a perfectionist for that. Anyway, I do think it's a good idea to force myself into doing this, because loads of good ideas have already gone to waste simply because I forgot them.
So, yesterday I pressed 'record' in Audacity and played whatever came to mind. The cool thing about recording with a pc is of course that you can save loads of recordings to harddisk. Anyway, I picked out a short piece of guitar and vocals, added a stupid pc keyboard drum, put a wahwah over that drum, duplicated the guitar and vocals track and added distortion to the dup. Et voilĂ .

Lyrics: (Just wanna do something and see what comes..) / I, I don't know what to say now / 'Cause I'm so tired / Well, I can't sleep / 'Cause it's still light

No comments:

About Me

Christian, husband, theologian, singer-songwriter. I don't like dogs. I do love cats, especially my own cat, Nino (although the cat regards itself more as being my wife's cat..).