10.24.2006

At doctor Emmet's request: 'Alone in the Not So Silent Woods'



Song:
At Doctor Emmet's Request - Alone in the Not So Silent Woods

Session Date:
Tuesday October the 23th 2006

Recording Gear:
This is a remix.

Music Gear:
.Remix, I said.


Log:
.This is what doctor Emmet said:

really nice to see you experiment with sampling. allow me to interfere a little, with a couple of wild ideas

> why don't you play the sample way below the original pitch, thus slowing down the whole thing

> lose the bluesy guitar lines you added later, or reverse them like you do at the end of the track. the whole thing sort of oozes "c&w" now

> add some really heavy slap bass line, played in a totally different groove

> put in an amen break

see what happens!

So.. That's what I did... Are you satisfied now doctor Emmet?!

Lyrics: see before

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was here! S.D.

Marten said...

'comments will follow shortly'..

What exactly is your definition of 'shortly', doctor Emmet?!

About Me

Christian, husband, theologian, singer-songwriter. I don't like dogs. I do love cats, especially my own cat, Nino (although the cat regards itself more as being my wife's cat..).