9.30.2006

A Quick One Before I Have To Get Back to Work: 'Happy Shalom Searching'



Song:
Happy Shalom Searching

Session Date: Saturday, September the 30th 2006

Recording Gear: Fostex X-12 fourtrack, SM-58 clone mic, PC (Audacity)

Music Gear:
Takamine spanish guitar

Log:
This is another song made on the couch. Really, literally. I take my fourtrack downstairs, put it on the couch, and record a song. I put the mic on some big books to capture the guitar. Improvized a little something a couple of times. Lo-fi charm. You can hear some household-sounds in the background, and in the end you can hear my eight year old foster-sister whistling.

Lyrics: The day outside is beautiful / Inside the struggle lingers on / The children and the butterflies / Are paintings that have come alive / Oh, lord creator you are great / You show yourself in what you've made / Oh, teach me on this seventh day / To be a humble jar of clay / Your love is not an artefact / You know the pain of being cheated on / You are the greatest lover

No comments:

About Me

Christian, husband, theologian, singer-songwriter. I don't like dogs. I do love cats, especially my own cat, Nino (although the cat regards itself more as being my wife's cat..).