9.08.2006

MP3-player-recording-glory: 'Lester, Lester'



Song: Lester, Lester

Session Date: Sept. 8th, 2006

Recording Gear:
Victory LT-200P MP3-player; PC - Audacity; headset-mic


Music Gear:
Takamine and Yairi acoustic guitar


Log:
Got out of bed and recorded this song on my MP3-player. A program that I used for converting my MP3-player-wavs to normal wavs had expired, so I looked for free similar programs on the web; couldn't find anything. Finally, it dawned on me that I could just play the song with quicktime (which recognizes rare wav-formats) and then record the audio in Audacity. In Audacity, I just duplicated the track and had the second track begin a fraction later, thereby creating an echo-effect. I also added second and third voices with the headset-mic on the second and fourth strophe. Finally, I added one chord at the end.

Lyrics: Lester, Lester / Where have you gone / Missed out on the mustard /Struck a son /Whereby, whereby / Oh, will you survive / Together with baby /Fire and a knife / A new day broke / Too late.. / Lester, Lester / Why don't you come back / Life's not just a tester / Free to try / Somehow, somehow / You will be renewed / By the power of him who's / The A and the Z / A new day breaks / Step in!

No comments:

About Me

Christian, husband, theologian, singer-songwriter. I don't like dogs. I do love cats, especially my own cat, Nino (although the cat regards itself more as being my wife's cat..).