9.01.2006

New Job, New Dangers: 'I Need Your Love in Dangerland'



Song: I Need Your Love in Dangerland

Session Date:
Friday Sept. the 1st 2006


Recording Gear:
PC; Audacity; Tascam 488 MKII 8-track used as a mixer; Behringer C-1 condensator mic


Music Gear:
Yairi Spanish guitar; Squier bass


Log:
15.36: I've composed a new song - guitar and vocals, lyrics need to be written still - about an hour ago. Got an idea while playing my guitar and worked it out, recording it with a headset-mic in Audacity so I wouldn't forget it. Now I've just created a drumtrack in Tuareg. Cool program. I've exported the drumtrack as a wav-file and gonna import it in Audacity now...

19.28: OK.. The song is ready! I recorded the guitar track two times and panned them a bit. Then I recorded the bass - I really had a good time playing this track until it was good enough. After that, I did the vocals: I quickly wrote some lyrics and then recorded the vocal track two times standing in front of the condensator mic. After that, I started mixing... It was a hell of a job, as usual, and in the end I dedided not to use any reverb on any of the tracks. I 'endorphinized' the guitars (that's basically pumping them up a bit) and used compression on all tracks except the drums. And here it is! I think I like it, but I've been mxing too long to be able to listen to it objectively.

Lyrics:
But now dangerland appears / And I don't know what to do / Should I welcome back my fears? / Or should I try to steal the clue? / Completely lost anew / I need your love in the middle / Of crazy goings-on / 'At least I have some fun' / But that's just me on the fiddle / And I come back to your heart / I don't need to leave my room / Will you please rip me apart / And reassemble me in your womb / (You're) the sacred supergroom / We need your love in the middle / Of crazy goings-on / 'At least we have some fun' / But that's just us on the fiddle

Shabbat shalom!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds nice!
You did a good job. :)
I wish i could do that, but usually, after i have an idea, i don't have time for recording.

Or I play sim city 4 too long ;)

Marten said...

Thnx Chong!
Maybe you could use a bit of discipline? ;)

About Me

Christian, husband, theologian, singer-songwriter. I don't like dogs. I do love cats, especially my own cat, Nino (although the cat regards itself more as being my wife's cat..).