5.03.2009

New Toss-Off Song and Fragments of Band Session


Song: October Sun and Fragments of The Lost Ingredients' First Session

Session Date: May 2nd 2009; a Tuesday-night in April

Recording Gear: Zoom H4 digital fourtrack, Audacity

Music Gear: Farida D-10E steelstring; Ibanez electric guitar

Log:
I have some serious inhibitions concerning musical creativity. To get me started once again I recorded this toss-off song. The other mp3 is more than a full minute of fragments of two songs we're working on with my new band, The Lost Ingredients. The band might not survive very long, which makes the material even rarer. The songs are in an embryonic phase.

Lyrics: Said I'm sorry that I even exist / You're the golden goal I shouldn't have missed / I'm so worried that I might be a mouse / I have left behind those wonderful vows / I am scared of the sun / I can hardly be one / I'm intelligent or so it appears / I'm a giant in an ocean of fears / Pick your number and be gone for a week / For the next eleven years I won't speak / I'm so sober anew / Oh, October sun do / Shine on

3 comments:

Biff said...

For a toss-off song, October Sun is really nice. Reminds me of Dinosaur Jr. and maybe even Pie.

Anonymous said...

The band fragments sound great! Get to work! Diana

Klaas-Bauke said...

Hello Biff and Diana, are you waiting for more music from Meite U as well?!

About Me

Christian, husband, theologian, singer-songwriter. I don't like dogs. I do love cats, especially my own cat, Nino (although the cat regards itself more as being my wife's cat..).