4.27.2007

Recorder Frenzy and Neat Prog-pop: Rebel Clowns and Rebel Semi-gods & Desultory Speech-machine



Songs:
Rebel Clowns and Rebel Semi-gods & Desultory Speech-machine

Log:
RC&RSG was a desperate attempt to use the recorder in a recording. It was finished on the 4th of April.
I made Desultory Speech-machine today and yesterday. It was a lot of work, but I'm not really satisfied - I think the vocal style is a bit overdone.

Lyrics: Rebel Clowns and Rebel Semi-gods:

I see the stars / The evil wars / Schemes of self-destruct / Reluctantly I take your hand / 'cause you are God / You blow my mind / With the way that you still love / Your rebel clowns and rebel semi-gods / You break my heart / Just like I asked you to / But I'm holding on / To all that isn't true / Show me your eyes / In the beggar-junkies' lies / The fierce innocence / Of a homeless child

Desultory Speech-machine:

Detribalized and detoxed / I am young, I am boxed / A diskette with a lost code in mint condition / They have asked me to win /And I know where to begin / I will feel every starburst through competition / Have I told you that the crowds are lost and they must be entertained at any cost and they must wear / Blindfolds, so they won't see / The blood of their brothers and sisters and children and mothers and fathers and others / Remarkably rearranged / I am old, I have changed / A dispute without warning or superstotion / They have pushed me up the stage / In a colorific cage / I'll be free from every thread of wrong ambition

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Drumgeluiden zou het naar mijn mening nog mooier maken.

About Me

Christian, husband, theologian, singer-songwriter. I don't like dogs. I do love cats, especially my own cat, Nino (although the cat regards itself more as being my wife's cat..).