1.15.2007

Spaced Out Synth-Gop*: 'The Tunnel of Hope and Despair'

* 'gop' = gospel-pop



Song:
The Tunnel of Hope and Despair (click link to listen!)


Session Date:
a couple of days in January 2007


Recording Gear:
Tascam 488 MKII, PC with Audacity, semi SM-58 mic


Music Gear:
Yamaha RY-30 drumcomputer, Squier bass, Godin Radiator electric guitar


Log:
I finally unpacked my Yamaha RY-30 that I'd bought quite some time ago - I never actually used it and once gave it to a friend who has programmed some very nice patterns into it. Since I got it back I never touched it, until a few days ago.
I started creating sounds with it, because it really is sort of a synthesizer, this drum-machine - and out of one of these sounds came the idea for a song.

Lyrics: The night is all around / We hear the roaring of the sea / We know that we can't see / The particles of fear / The demons drawing near / We know / That you will guide us through / The tunnel of hope / And despair / You gave your everything / Became a humble Nazarene / And touched a wordl obscene / Awaken nowe, my king / And hasten to the battlefield / Your love will never yield / To humanity's pride / And our cunning

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha Marten,

Weer eens naar je liedjes geluisterd. Ik ga er maar eens een CDtje van branden of wat op mij qtek zetten. Blijft mooi.

Groet,
Peter Tetteroo

Marten said...

Hé Peter,

Mooi dat je weer eens langskomt. Zelf branden is inderdaad een goeie optie. Een vriendin van mij die in Zwitserland in een lingeriezaak werkt, zette daar afgelopen zomer een zelfgebrande CD met mijn liedjes op. Moet je je voorstellen, ouwe Zwitserse gegoede dametjes (want dat is haar voornaamste publiek) op zoek naar lingerie die op de achtergrond Meite U horen.. Het kan raar lopen, zullen we maar zeggen.

About Me

Christian, husband, theologian, singer-songwriter. I don't like dogs. I do love cats, especially my own cat, Nino (although the cat regards itself more as being my wife's cat..).