8.28.2006

Ever seen spacedogshit? - 'Tired Head'


Song: Tired Head

Session Date:
somewhere in 2002


Recording Gear:
Korg D12


Music Gear:
Yairi Spanish guitar, Stagg condensator mic, Yamaha RY-10 drumcomputer


Log:
This is one of the 'Korg D12 sessions'-songs. The original mix contained the sound of a car claxon that was incidentally caught on 'tape' and that I repeated using the 'scene'-function of the D12 ('scene'-programming was really horrible and extremely time-absorbing). This mix hasn't been retrieved yet, and this version was mixed by my friend Temme Sikkema, who borrowed me the Korg D12. In the words of a retired rock-journalist:


"The original mix entices the audience to come back every time and push that rewind button, because it contains a really beautifully captured honking car [no sampling devices used]. This story ofcourse reminds the reader of the Rolling Stones track Country Honk on the Let It Bleed album. However, a not so talented technician apparently cut this "version" of the track, explaining the omission of the honking car. A not-so-subtle pan shift in the vocal track sadly reminds one of the first stereo mixes that were done in the early sixties, when it was more used as an "effect" and not as a spatial concept. For fans only."

Lyrics: Into outer space / Flying like a lady-bird / I know I can't keep pace / With a universe / This absurd / Come home / Wait no more / Wipe the gore / From your tired head / From your tired head / Look down at the earth / That is where / You are / Come home / That is where you are /Look up at the stars / That is where you'll be / Into streets unknown / Hovering like spacedogshit / I know I'm on my own / And I still rehearse: / 'I have been hit' / Come home / Wait no more / Wipe the gore / From your tired head / From your tired head..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Meite U !
I'm a 1983-influenced-by-fountains-of-wayne-slash-weezer-slash-granddady someone
and maybe we can cooperate in some way, at some time.
:)

contact me whenever you are interested at "donkerevos(in engels!)_nl" apestaart hotmeel. com

Waarom heb ik dit hierboven in het engels getypt?

About Me

Christian, husband, theologian, singer-songwriter. I don't like dogs. I do love cats, especially my own cat, Nino (although the cat regards itself more as being my wife's cat..).